Whether you’re moving your office interstate or across the country, planning a move can be a daunting task. There’s a lot to consider when moving to a new office location including:
- Figuring out how to move all your equipment without damaging it.
- Negotiating the terms of the new lease.
- Information concerning local utility and service providers.
- Making sure your office is up and running in as short an amount of time to prevent customer loss or delayed customer services.
If you’re not an expert in this field, then it can be an overwhelming experience. That’s why it’s important to hire qualified corporate relocation experts who can move your office efficiently and without any stress.
However, before you decide to hire professionals, make sure you’ve taken care of a few things first:
- Schedule your move, but remember to leave room for unforeseeable complications.
- Work out the exact office space needed for your employees, equipment and everything else in your office, as well as space that may be needed for potential expansion.
- Stick to your moving deadlines to avoid paying rent for both your old, and new, office space.
- Work out the cost of the office move and set a realistic budget that allows room for last minute, or unplanned expenses. It’s better to have more put aside for your move, than to not have enough.
- Equip your office with IT, phones and electricity before you move in to help ensure customer retention.
Once you’ve tackled this to-do list and you feel you’re ready to make the move, be sure to contact the professionals here at Montreal Movers for a free moving quote.